IIoT Starter Kit
IIoT projects are complex and takes long time to implement. Customers find that choosing and connecting the right set of devices, assets or sensors to the cloud can be time-consuming.
Kalycito’s expertise is in full stack integration of IT and OT technologies helping customers with on-time delivery of reliable and interoperable IIoT Solutions.
Kalycito IIoT Starter Kit – Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT adds to our portfolio of lean platforms, mature and agile processes, tools, technology expertise and domain know-hows to enable customers successfully onboard the fourth industrial revolution.
1. Communication between different vendor components at field level
2. Data exchange between all layers of automation pyramid
3. Secure communication
4. Comprehensive information modeling
5. Data availability in cloud for monitoring and controlling the data
To monitor, store and view the data and to control your devices from anywhere in the world, we provide customized solution to make customers provide flexibility in your production environment to address your requirements.
We can help you with
1. Connecting your Modbus devices to cloud through IoT Edge device via AMQP to monitor live data
2. Storing your data in cloud for future use cases
3. Integration of Modbus over OPCUA to address interoperability challenges and barriers faced in smart factory transformation
4. Creation of information model and fundamental on how information is interchanged
5. Connecting your PLCs from factories over OPCUA
Does this interest you? Book a meeting to discuss further.
Today’s industrial automation scenario demands vertical integration to address the interoperability challenge as the field level data needs to be exchanged across all the layers of automation pyramid. In IT/OT system integration, IT networks focus on security and data management while OT networks are optimized to produce deterministic response times for automation. Nobody understands full stack solutions the way we do in the IT/OT integration space. We help you integrate open62541 in your industrial products. We can significantly lower your time to market curve through our services.
Consultants for IIoT Platform
Enable your team to come up to speed on IIoT platform by leveraging our consulting services.
1. Consulting services to bring in Azure IoT component into your existing design
2. Architect & integrate Machine-to-Cloud (M2C) use cases
3. Architect & integrate Machine-to-Machine use cases
4. Prepare a costing estimate to connect your factory devices to Microsoft azure cloud
5. Train and handover the project for your teams to maintain it in the long run
6. Consultation on prototyping
7. Practical guidance on building blocks of IoT edge device
‘Industry 4.0’ and ‘IIoT’ have been dominating the mindshare of industrial businesses over the last couple of years. With the main application areas being connected operations, remote operations and predictive maintenance that require connecting sensors to network, monitoring remote systems, identifying potential breakdown scenarios and performing preventive maintenance. Now, the focus is on choosing a platform and moving to the implementation stage. While doing this, it is not sufficient to just transport machine data to the cloud but also important to have it with the required semantics so it is in a machine readable form.
We see that OPC UA is well suited for Industry 4.0 solutions and Microsoft Azure is a leading choice for cloud platforms. Once you have chosen your platform and solution architecture, we have made it easier for you by providing a tested quick start solution that is certified as part of the Microsoft Azure catalog at https://catalog.azureiotsolutions.com/details?title=IIoT-Starter-Kit&source=home-page&kit=IIoT-Starter-Kit.
TQ-Systems – To know more Click here
The kit includes software that provides machine-to-machine (m2m) and machine-to-cloud (m2c) demonstrations using OPC UA TSN as the base technology. There are two architecture possibilities:
- Solution 1 uses secure exchange between your controller and Azure IoT Edge
- Solution 2 uses Pub/Sub exchange between your controller and Azure IoT Edge
We provide custom development and individual support for the Open Source OPC UA SDK open62541 and TSN, critical building blocks for Industrie 4.0 and Industrial IoT solutions
Open Source OPC UA – open62541
open62541 is an open source and a free implementation of OPC UA (OPC Unified Architecture), it is a high-performance solution that is scalable across a range of embedded platforms. The library is usable with all major compilers and provides the necessary tools to implement dedicated OPC UA clients and servers, or to integrate OPC UA based communication into existing applications. open62541 is licensed under the Mozilla Public License v2.0 which enables the library to also be used in projects that are not open source. Users have to publish changes under the same license only if they are made within the core library.
TSN enables a single, open network infrastructure supporting multi-vendor interoperability through standardization and IT and OT convergence through guarantee of service. The technology will be used to support real-time control and synchronization of high performance machines over a single, standard Ethernet network. Kalycito is also part of Industrial Internet Consortium TSN testbed that showcases an early implementation of TSN.
How-to connect on Azure for m2c
IIoT Starter Kit is a gateway product to get machine data into the cloud. There are two use cases: (a) The gateway accesses data from each OPC UA server in the factory via a secure connection and transmits data to the Azure cloud (b) The gateway subscribes to data in the machine to machine network in the factory via OPC UA PubSub and then transmits data into the Azure cloud.
New to Industry 4.0?