9th International Workshop on Optimization in Logistics and Industrial Applications 2018 – 1st German-French Joint Research Workshop on Industrie 4.0 and Industrie du Futur
Fraunhofer IOSB, Karlsruhe, and the University of Technology of Troyes (UTT) hosted the 9th International Workshop on Optimisation in Logistics and Industrial Applications, IWOLIA 2018 on 3rd and 4th of May 2018 at Karlsruhe, Germany. The event featured solutions from German Industrie 4.0 and French Industrie du Futur (IdF) initiatives.
In Europe and world-wide, Industrie 4.0 and smart manufacturing are well-known concepts. They describe optimized engineering and production and smart products by means of digitalization. Often many heterogeneous systems are connected in this context, and therefore new challenges for handling systems and data are coming up.
- How can we better connect factories and assets, even on an inter-factory level?
- How does connecting systems improve performance and improve energy efficiency?
- How can we protect digitalized production from cyber threats?
- How can we best integrate human workers in these emerging new production environments?
General topic of the conference was the Factory of the Future as conceived by Industrie 4.0 and Industrie du Futur (IdF). The following topics were covered during the sessions of the workshop:
- Keynote 1: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Beyerer, Fraunhofer IOSB
“Data science, ML and AI for autonomous systems and Industrie 4.0”
- Keynote 2: Dr. Pierre Koch, UTT President
“Academia and training: How to foster Industrie 4.0”
- Keynote 3: Jean Daniel Weisz
KOHLER Consulting & Coaching
“Industry 4.0: differences and convergencies between France and Germany”